Thursday, July 7, 2011

Seafood Watch

I would like to apologize for not doing anything on my blog for the 4th and would like to stress that this won't happen again. Therefore, I'll make sure to wish you happy [insert holiday here]s early. Happy Thanksgiving, by the way.

Now to the point. I would like to make a comment to all of you sushi lovers out there. During my visit to the Monterey Aquarium I found out about. Seafood Watch. Seafood Watch is campaigning to stop overfishing and fishing or farming that is unhealthy to the environment. Myself being a sushi lover, this is quite an impact to what I can eat. For example, I like octopus, but the handouts told me that I should avoid consuming it. I don't plan to consume it anytime soon. To finish, I would encourage getting to know Seafood Watch and start to change your seafood diet, and then pass it on to your friends, who should pass it on to their friends, and the friends of their friends, and so on! Yay for Eco-friendliness!

-Kaires, who would like to stress that he hasn't had octopus in a while.

Avoid These Fish:

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a long list. I noticed unagi on there, which is quite sad because I enjoy unagi. I also do eat octopus sometime, but it isn't my favorite fish.

    ReplyDelete